I want to announce the August ABug mini meet:
Event: Acorn & BBC Micro User Group Atom, Elk & Arc Mini-Meet
Main focus: Atom and Electron and of course the BBC micro
Date: 21/22/23 August 2015
Type: Private event, offered to forum members only
We're less than seven weeks away from this biggest Acorn Atom, Electron, Arc and BBC Micro event on the northern Hemisphere which is going to take place at our new venue in Bolton!
DON'T MISS IT!! DON'T MISS IT!! DON'T MISS IT!! DON'T MISS IT!!
The main event days will be Sat 22nd and Sun 23rd August 2015 (10am till late on Saturday, 10am till 5pm on Sunday).
There is no cost for this event!
If you would like to register your attendance, please post in this thread and drop me a PM for location details. If you would like to come but cannot commit 100%, then please state that your interest is tentative.
If you need somewhere to stay, then Holiday Inn Bolton is just around the corner (about half a mile away) , to keep costs down you could always share a twin with another member: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb ... oteldetail
ABug meetups are open to enthusiasts of the BBC Micro, Acorn Electron, Atom and Archimedes/RISC OS machines - and typically involve:
- members bringing their own hardware to set up and show off**
- time spent working on hardware and programming/games projects
- exchange of ideas/knowledge
- upgrade and repair of poorly Acorn machines
- collaborative work on community projects, such as software preservation, preparation/planning for displays at events etc.
- sale of items by members (not guaranteed, but there are often opportunities to buy bits)
- general socialising, food/drink and the odd hi-score competition!
** = please ensure that any hardware you bring that features the RIFA/Paper-type capacitors with a tendency to go POP (e.g. Beebs) have had the caps changed!
The room contains ...
- Lots of spare monitors/screens (including cables) which members can borrow if they do not have the capability to bring a screen with them. There are also lots of rare and unusual pieces of Acorn hardware and accessories lurking underneath the tables, and practically anything that works can be set up upon request.
- Super-fast free internet (both wireless and wired) for all visitors, via the dedicated ABug Wifi Network:
- Complimentary soft drinks, tea/coffee and snacks; all courtesy of our host, Gary:
The meet-ups are very informal and are pretty much open-ended, but at some events there may be an additional focus on one or more particular areas.
Thanks to Beebmaster, JGH and Ian Stocks, we now have an Econet setup consisting of an A5000 fileserver, A3020 and BBC Master fileserver.
- Gar2293 (Gary) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- oss003 (Kees) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- hoglet (Dave) (tentative Friday), Saturday, leaving Sunday evening
- multiwizard (Wim) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- prime (Phill) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- flaxcottage (John) Saturday
- ukretrogamer (Mark) Arriving Saturday, leaving Sunday
- sirmorris (Charlie) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- retrific (Doug) Arriving Saturday, leaving Sunday
- IanS (Ian) Saturday, Sunday
- beebmaster (Ian??) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- sPhilMainwaring (Phil) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- flynnjs (Jason) 2x Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- oswrch (Mark) Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday evening
- CMcDougall (Colin) Arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday evening
- daveejhitchins (Dave) Saturday, Sunday
- Arcadian (Dave) Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Baggers (Jim) Saturday
- andyt31 (Andy)