Teletext and Digitiser Festival - Centre for Computer History, Cambridge - Saturday 1st October 2016

threads relating to past classic gaming/computing events
kieranhj

Teletext and Digitiser Festival - Centre for Computer History, Cambridge - Saturday 1st October 2016

Postby kieranhj » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:55 am

From the Teefax article I came across this: http://teletextart.co.uk/tickets-for-the-teletext-and-digitiser-festival-on-sale-now

Teletext designers panel – Just how do you make a teletext page? Can I make my own? Well, wonder no more, for the teletext artists are here to explain all.

Make Your Own Teletext Art – Drop in to the Teletext Block Party booth for a sandwich and live teletext editing session.

Teletext time machine: VHS teletext recovery demo – Capturing teletext pages from VHS and Betamax is, amazingly, entirely possible. Bring your tapes and see what gems are hidden in the VBI signal.

Teletextr live podcast recording – Attend a live recording of episode 5 of the Teletextr Podcast, the internet’s premier (and only) teletext podcast.

Top Secret Film Screening – A screening of what? Whatever it is… you won’t want to miss it, probably.

The Ultimate Digitiser Panel-Me-Do – Special guests Violet Berlin, Tim “Mr Hairs” Moore, and Gavin “Mr Udders” Lambert, join myself and our host, top stand-up comedian Chris Coltrane, for two hours of interactive talks about all things Digitiser.

Plus more! We wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise now, would we?

I am actually quite tempted to go along to this!

kieranhj

Re: Teletext and Digitiser Festival - Centre for Computer History, Cambridge - Saturday 1st October 2016

Postby kieranhj » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:04 am

This is on today! I can't make it but apparently there are a couple of tickets left if you're in the vicinity of Cambridge.

http://www.digitiser2000.com/main-page/block-party-2016-the-teletext-digitiser-festival-2016-faq-and-important-info

Return to “past events & exhibitions”