Superior software android

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
evert67

Superior software android

Postby evert67 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Maybe this has come up before and if it has I apalogize.

I noticed Superior software has come up with three games for Android, complete with their original logo: Repton 1 and 3 and Galaforve. Galaforce doen't look much like the Beeb's Galaforce, but Repton 1 and 3 are quite decent.

Anyone who has more info on this? Is this the original Superior software or just someone who bought the name?-

danielj

Re: Superior software android

Postby danielj » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:32 pm

The original. As run by Richard Hanson! :)

evert67

Postby evert67 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:12 pm

Really? Then why did he make those games so different from the originals. They haven't improvemed IMHO, although they are definitely not bad.

Kecske Bak

Postby Kecske Bak » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:33 am

I have done all the levels in Android Repton 1 except for Moro (last level of Avalanche) and Michael's Challenge set.

I think Android Repton 1 is a huge improvement on both the BBC micro version and the PC versions. The frame rate, the speed of the monsters are perfect. The game has been designed to allow you to concentrate on the puzzle solving if you wish (some of the harder screens by Terje Folmo can take days to sort out) and there are now finally enough screens of each level of difficulty to allow you, if you play from start to finish, to get expert pretty painlessly.

In the end the puzzles are the star - I would never have believed that there were still things you could do with Repton 1 that can be so utterly perplexing yet still totally fair puzzles.

I would recommend Android Repton 1 wholeheartedly.

evert67

Postby evert67 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:58 am

As good as it may be, what I don't like about Repoton 1 (and 3) is that is is only possible to move in a particular direction. It is not possible to move to a particular squarr, which makes it harder to, e.g., pick up diamonds. Is this something that could be improved?

Return to “software: other”