TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

discuss PC<>Acorn file transfer issues & the use of FDC, XFER, Omniflop/disk etc.
User avatar
CMcDougall
Posts: 5577
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:13 pm
Location: Shadow in a Valley of Scotland

TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby CMcDougall » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:01 pm

http://tapdancer.info/
tapd.png

Have been playing with this last month, and confirm it's =D>

Plays all .UEF and .uefHQ files from a mobile phone or tablet from the earphone socket to your beeb /elk cassette DIN ear socket :D

Only files it does not like are .CSW tape image files.

I have tried with lots of different ways to convert .UEF/UEFhq/CSW files to .WAV (FreeUEF, BackToLife) with only about 40% success :(

This App plays them all 95%, the other 5% it has trouble with are 'stream' files, like Firebird releases, Revs & Space Hi-Way :?

Happy 'cassette' playing, without "Block?", "Data?", "Rewind tape" 8)
ImageImageImage

User avatar
vanekp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:09 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby vanekp » Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 am

I gave the app a try but it does not seem to do anything when i chose a .uef to play, just sits there doing nothing. Must admit I only tried it with a couple of .uef files.

User avatar
richardtoohey
Posts: 3375
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:13 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby richardtoohey » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 am

Welcome back after 14-and-a-half years.

User avatar
vanekp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:09 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby vanekp » Thu May 14, 2015 8:59 am

LOL yes it has been a long time, thanks, never realy had access to internet then and had forgotton I had this account here, and it came back to me the other day while i was searching for bbc stuff:)

Regards Peter.

User avatar
vanekp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:09 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby vanekp » Thu May 14, 2015 10:34 am

any uef i try it says converting TAP data into audio... but don't see any progress on the bar, how long does it take to convert a file ?

User avatar
Arcadian
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2000 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby Arcadian » Thu May 14, 2015 12:15 pm

richardtoohey wrote:Welcome back after 14-and-a-half years.

Peter was actually the first person to sign up (excluding me) after the forum was launched back in November 2000:
memberlist.php

Good to see you back, Peter! =D>
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

Image
ABug Leicestershire (17-19 November 2017)

User avatar
vanekp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:09 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby vanekp » Thu May 14, 2015 12:31 pm

:lol: yes it has been a while :wink: and thanks :)

User avatar
CMcDougall
Posts: 5577
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:13 pm
Location: Shadow in a Valley of Scotland

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby CMcDougall » Thu May 14, 2015 10:45 pm

vanekp wrote:just sits there doing nothing

hi Peter,
open App on decent android Mobile phone /Tablet, pick your .UEF or .UEFhq file with the Eject bottom far left of 'tape deck', it will convert it to something, then in the counter box right of 'tape' it will show >000 (ie 327), then press Play on right of Eject and the counter will decrease as it plays through.
Hope that helps....
ImageImageImage

User avatar
vanekp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:09 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby vanekp » Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Thats the problem it sits on the convert screen (after slecting the file from the eject button) and the bar does not go up to show its converting it it just sits there :(

User avatar
vanekp
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:09 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: TapDancer -Android OS :UEF/HQ files to beeb/elk

Postby vanekp » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:36 am

Ok reinstalled the app i can now load uef files it then says "Ready. PRESS PLAY ON TAPE...", but when I press the play button it says "Stopped..." grrrr :(


Return to “software & utilities for the pc, mac or unix”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest