Graphic Equaliser settings for better CSW loading!

discuss PC<>Acorn file transfer issues & the use of FDC, XFER, Omniflop/disk etc.
Commie_User

Graphic Equaliser settings for better CSW loading!

Postby Commie_User » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Beebsaver CMcDougall pointed me in the direction of CSW files and the applet to help port them to the BBC:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11461
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11465

He gave his own games so my Beeb shall live! Well, have its own nice collection boosted, anyhow.

HPIM1592c.jpg

Pretty damn fine for this machine with only a tape deck. He said a great many don't work converted back to real audio but I've rarely had a failure so far. I use the free VLC MEDIA PLAYER to tweak the sound and put it out from my common-or-garden PC's sound system. Just a bit of tone control at full volume is all this needs. And this should give identical results from identikit computers, as opposed to the variables involved with finding real old hifi or studio gear.

Have a go with these. They're fairly general. I'll try and get more up. And if people have better tips for good UEF loading from audio, why not put them up?

NOTE: Ignore my notes about having the noise through 'system'. Just on my rig, I have one audio switchbox which must have a bit of crosstalk or something.
Attachments
jet boat.png
JET BOAT
fat man sam.png
FAT MAN SAM
Super Invaders.png
SUPER INVADERS
Red Arrows.png
RED ARROWS
Pole Pos.png
POLE POSITION
green beret.png