Name this game..?

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exile

Related forum: adventures

Triax

Name this game..?

Postby Triax » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm trying to track down a game I played on the BBC Micro ages ago... I made a topic about this before, but thought I'd try again...

The game was loaded from a cassette. The cassette was labelled 'Merlin's Castle', but I don't think that's its name (that's an entirely different game).

It's a text adventure, very similar to the game 'Swords and Sorcery', ie. you ramble through a randomly generated world, and come across monsters you can choose to fight.

According to the instructions shown at the start, you're in a wizard's tower, and there are 1,000 rooms (10x10x10). The objective was to find something or other...

At the start, you're given 50 gold pieces, and you're prompted to buy a weapon (none, dagger, mace or broadsword) and armour (none, leather, chain, plate).

I seem to recall some of the rooms had a magic orb that could teleport you to another room.

Could someone please help?

CMcDougall

Re: Name this game..?

Postby CMcDougall » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm

might be this:
Stolen Lamp.png

it does mention gold coin :?
then starts with "You are in the Road of Silence"
i imaged it yesterday, so it rang bells.
i will scan the tape inlay /info on it, if it is the game you are after.
UEFs here to try:
http://www.stairwaytohell.com/electron/ ... othlorien/
ImageImageImage

Triax

Re: Name this game..?

Postby Triax » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Hmm... no, it's definitely not that...

I've pretty much given up trying to find it now - I've resigned myself to the fact that it's simply been lost in the mists of time.

Thanks for trying though..!

Return to “software: classic games”