Dunjunz: The Bones of Gods

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exile

Related forum: adventures

PlunderBunny

Dunjunz: The Bones of Gods

Postby PlunderBunny » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi.

Many years ago, I modified my disc-based version of Dunjunz with new graphics and levels. I've attached a copy here - if anyone wants the disk of utilities I made to edit and decode the graphics, let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks.
Attachments
Dunjunz+.zip
(41.86 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

tautology

Re: Dunjunz: The Bones of Gods

Postby tautology » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 pm

PlunderBunny wrote:[...] if anyone wants the disk of utilities I made to edit and decode the graphics, let me know and I'll post it.

Oh definitely - it'll add to the list we already have of file formats and Dunjunz was one of those games I meant to get around to decoding!

Cybershark

Postby Cybershark » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:21 am

Excellent to see more game mods and editors surfacing :D

PlunderBunny

Postby PlunderBunny » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:53 am

Here's the disk with some editors on it. I'm afraid it's mostly undocumented, and in varying degrees of completeness, but perhaps someone can make something of it.
Attachments
Dunjunz Utilities.zip
(26.66 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Cybershark

Postby Cybershark » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Some nice stuff in there, and your new sprites are well done.
The levels though... :shock:

I tried level01 a few times but have found it impossible, so I've ostensibly given up on it. The first map was much too early to be going crazy with energy drainers and laborious key puzzles :(

PlunderBunny

Postby PlunderBunny » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

Cybershark wrote:Some nice stuff in there, and your new sprites are well done.
The levels though... :shock:

I tried level01 a few times but have found it impossible, so I've ostensibly given up on it. The first map was much too early to be going crazy with energy drainers and laborious key puzzles :(

Yeah, the levels were made by my friends and me in an attempt to 'outdo' each other with (almost) impossibly hard levels. They are all completable - I tested each one. The levels that weren't designed by me also suffer from the wall-you-can't-see-on-the-edge-of-the-screen trick, which I personally dislike.

Don't forget that if you get stuck on a level, you can tap break, type MODE 2<return> and then *CODER<return> to go to the next level.

Cybershark

Postby Cybershark » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:03 pm

PlunderBunny wrote:The levels that weren't designed by me also suffer from the wall-you-can't-see-on-the-edge-of-the-screen trick, which I personally dislike.

Do hate. But what really sinks some maps is the doors-you-can't-see-on-the-edge-of-the-screen. Level01 in Bones has one which I only realised when I opened it up in the editor. So I did complete the first level in the end - and was all set to continue - when I found that BeebEm couldn't load the next level.

I've switched to B-Em now, but didn't have the heart to go back to that level again yet. Instead I've been playing through the original maps and with much perseverance (and savestate) then I've got over half-way now. Looks like my score is going to be too big for the 4 digit counter by the end of it! :lol:

PlunderBunny wrote:Don't forget that if you get stuck on a level, you can tap break, type MODE 2<return> and then *CODER<return> to go to the next level.

Couldn't get that trick to work in either BeebEm or B-Em. But no problem, I'm going to play it all through properly instead :D

Return to “software: classic games”