Trying to Solve Spooksville

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exile

Related forum: adventures

streaks

Trying to Solve Spooksville

Postby streaks » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:16 am

I never did finish Spooksville. I worked a few things out but now I'm mapping it and can't find a solution. Here's what I know.

Fireball kills Frankenstein ['s monster]
Dagger kills cannibal
Holy water on grave kills graveyard thing
Rope extends rope to lab
Barrel helps you reach a few things
Wand extends bridge
Lantern lights graveyard
Crosses are dropped next to Citadel-rip-off sanctuary, but there's one left to find

I have what seems like a gold bar and I thought it was for the Styx ferryman but it wouldn't accept it. There's an object with a S and I don't know what it's supposed to be. There's what looks like a stake but it is found next to Dracula and it doesn't seem to hurt him.

Anyone know anything else?

Cheers. :D

Here's the map so far: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrwxbrf42mp2l33/Map.png?dl=0
streaksy (at) gmail (dot) com

sbadger

Re: Trying to Solve Spooksville

Postby sbadger » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 am

Played a fair bit of this way back when.
My memory tells me it was the gold the ferryman wanted, so that's strange.

So much so I remember abusing the game engine a bit, I recall some pickup items can be climbed on and i remember having items in the pocket and being able to cycle pick/drop finger down them and essentially fly/walk across the air. I was pleased at being able to get to the island and still having the gold.
A3020| A3000x3| BBCBx3 | Electrn | Masterx3 |RiscPC| RPix3
A600 | C64 bbin x2|C64C | Toastrack |QL | XB360&1X |GB |GBC |GBA |GBASP | DS | 3DS XL x2| MD | MS
Atari 7600 | PS1-2-3-4| PSP |Vita |SNES |GC |N64 |Wii & U |Switch |JammaCab |Sony PVMx2

streaks

Postby streaks » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeh I used to do that with the barrel. This time I just scanned the memory for life points and locked it at 100 and just walked accross the water. Benefits of emulating.

streaks

Postby streaks » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Damn, was hoping someone would know summit. I found the manual (I think) and the S object is the spell book, and you're supposed to find a scroll and a ring before you get it, and when you pick up the spellbook while carrying the scroll you teleport to a black unlit room but can't get anywhere from it. I found the scroll to the left of the Sanctuary by messing with memory values to teleport, but I don't know where the ring is, or how to get to the scroll legitimately.

lurkio

Postby lurkio » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:28 pm

streaks wrote:Damn, was hoping someone would know summit. I found the manual (I think) and the S object is the spell book, and you're supposed to find a scroll and a ring before you get it, and when you pick up the spellbook while carrying the scroll you teleport to a black unlit room but can't get anywhere from it. I found the scroll to the left of the Sanctuary by messing with memory values to teleport, but I don't know where the ring is, or how to get to the scroll legitimately.

I haven't played the game, so this is probably a silly question, but have you read the instructions in the copy of the game that's at bbcmicro.co.uk?:

:?:

streaks

Postby streaks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:46 am

lurkio wrote:
streaks wrote:Damn, was hoping someone would know summit. I found the manual (I think) and the S object is the spell book, and you're supposed to find a scroll and a ring before you get it, and when you pick up the spellbook while carrying the scroll you teleport to a black unlit room but can't get anywhere from it. I found the scroll to the left of the Sanctuary by messing with memory values to teleport, but I don't know where the ring is, or how to get to the scroll legitimately.

I haven't played the game, so this is probably a silly question, but have you read the instructions in the copy of the game that's at bbcmicro.co.uk?:

:?:

I didn't have a version with instructions but the same text is in a few articles about it. Thanks anyway.

Return to “software: classic games”